Educational Visits at St Edmundsbury Cathedral
The striking Millennium Tower, finished in 2005, is the crowning glory of St. Edmundsbury Cathedral. The Discovery Centre offers a wide range of activities for schools linked to the National Curriculum. The Christian Journey, Edmund Trail, Pilgrimage, Advent, Candlemas and Lent are all popular themes. Trails and activities are led by a team of specially trained guides. A brand new educational facility opened in 2010.
OPENING TIMES: Please contact for details.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 1 to 2 hours.
EDUCATIONAL VISIT FACILITIES:
Teacher and pupil resource packs, qualified schools guide/specialised education officer on hand, classroom/study area, guided tours, indoor eating area available, outdoor eating area available.
Please contact for details.
email a friend
VenueSt Edmundsbury Cathedral
The Cathedral Office, Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1LS
Map reference: TL 855641 Lat: 52.24426 Long: 0.71643
From the A14: Take Bury St Edmunds central exit. Turn left along Northgate Street. Turn right at the traffic lights onto Angel Hill.
By Public Transport:
From Bury St Edmunds station it is 1 mile to Saint Edmundsbury Cathedral.
Parking : with charge
Accessible by Public Transport : Bury St Edmunds station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children