Group Visits at Mid Norfolk Railway
East Anglia's longest heritage railways runs through 11 miles of rural countryside, linking the market towns of Dereham and Wymondham. Combined days out available with Gooderstone Water Gardens, boat trips and Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse. All groups are provided with a guide.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES: Group sizes - min 10, max 200. Free coach parking, shop, full catering facilities, guided tours, pre-booking advisable - minimum 7 days' notice. Accessibility - level entrances to stations, wheelchair ramp onto train, disabled toilets at Dereham Station but not on trains.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 2 hours.
MEALS: 50 covers.
2012 GROUP RATES:
10% discount for 10-19 visitors, 20% discount for 20-100 visitors, negotiable rates for groups of 100+.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||10am - 4pm. March - Sun. April to May - Sat & Sun. Jun - Weds, Sat & Sun. Jul & Aug - Weds, Thurs, Sat & Sun. Sep - Weds, Sat, Sun. Oct - Sat & Sun. Dec - various. Plus all bank holidays excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day.|
email a friend
VenueMid Norfolk Railway
The Railway Station, Station Road, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1DF
Map reference: TF 993130 Lat: 52.67887 Long: 0.94748
From the A47 bypass, turn into Dereham and follow the signs for the town centre. Turn right at the BP garage - look out for the brown railway signs - you will see the station on your right.
By Public Transport:
From Wymondham station it is 20 minutes' walk to Mid-Norfolk Railway (Dereham to Wymondham Line). Bus services operate to both Dereham and Wymondham town centres.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : Wymondham station
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 29, Sun 30 Jun 2013||MID NORFOLK RAILWAY'S SPRING DIESEL GALA 2013|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Service dogs are NOT allowed:
not allowed in restaurant area for food hygiene
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system