The John Russell Gallery
The gallery also offers the areas longest established, highest quality, bespoke conservation framing and restoration. We undertake art consultation and valuations for corporate and private clients and will visit to assess your art needs, will hang or advise on re hanging your art works to optimise space and impact.
Original prints by our portfolio of Printmakers are always held in stock, with a large selection available to view on our website. We can send images to those unable to visit in person and then dispatch your selection in a postal tube.
Corporate hospitality event for businesses or societies can be arranged for evening or weekend private viewings.
The ArtOne cafe lounge area located within the Gallery provides a relaxing environment where visitors can enjoy freshly ground coffee or leaf tea in the surroundings of great art!
Free entry to all
ContactMrs Jo Banthorpe
email a friend
VenueThe John Russell Gallery
4-6 Wherry Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1LG
Map reference: TM 168440 Lat: 52.05282 Long: 1.16064
Leave A12/A14 following town centre route. Follow signs for University Campus Suffolk. 2 minutes walk from new UCS building.
By Public Transport:
From Ipswich station it is 10 minutes' walk to The John Russell Gallery, along the water font. 5 minutes walk from the town centre Park and Ride Terminal. Follow signs to 'Historic Waterfront'.
Parking : with charge
Nearest station : Ipswich station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Additive free
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system