BeWILDerwood is an award winning wild and imaginative outdoor adventure park. With magical treehouses and hints of intriguing characters, BeWILDerwood brings a curious difference to The Broads.
The concept, put quite simply, is one of child’s play. The vision: to enhance an already striking natural playground and encourage children and their families to enjoy traditional, imaginative and healthy outdoor play together.
A day at BeWILDerwood, means endless hours spent together with family and friends, exploring and engaging in the wild Norfolk landscape. Building dens with bracken and sticks, taking lazy boat rides across Scaaaary Lake, dressing up and joining in with the enchanting daily story telling; crossing Jungle Bridges and visiting Treehouses, whizzing down Wobbly Wires and getting befuddled in the marvelous Muddle Maze; snaking through the peaceful pathways and revealing treacherous trails - this is a world with more than a little sprinkling of fairy dust.
BeWILDerwood is home to enchanting creatures such as Boggles, Twiggles, the Thornyclod Spider and vegetarian Crocklebogs! The setting for the book, “A Boggle at BeWILDerwood”, by local children’s author Tom Blofeld, gives children the chance to follow in the footsteps of the lead character Swampy, a 2ft Marsh Boggle with a taste for adventure. High in the trees there are miniature Twiggle villages and low in the marshes Boggle village life will captivate your imagination.
As you step inside the pages of Tom’s books – a character world of Boggles, Crocklebogs and Twiggles is brought to life in a quietly telling, yet unassuming way; leaving ample time and space for young people to realise their very own make believe. BeWILDerwood has lovingly-made, locally sourced food and drinks on hand; the Munch Bar, The Cosy Cabin and the Snack Shack serve everything from famous Norfolk ice cream to the award winning Norfolk Archers sausages in rolls.
To BeWILDerwood, is to party! A time for fun, dancing, exploring, playing, sharing adventures and giggles and the Twiggle Team know how to throw a celebration! Lots of events are run throughout the season so check out the website for more details.
Please see our website for opening times and prices.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Please see our website for opening times and prices.|
ContactThe Twiggle Team
email a friend
Horning Road, Hoveton, Norfolk, NR12 8JW
Map reference: TG 330178 Lat: 52.70822 Long: 1.44872
From A1151 Norwich road, turn onto the A1062 towards Horning, from the double mini roundabouts. continue on the A1062 for approx. 1.5 miles. BeWILDerwood is on your left.
By Public Transport:
Local buses run from Hoveton and Wroxham train station, and it is only a 20 minute walk from Horning Staithe. For public transport timetables and information call 0871 200 2233 or visit traveline.org.uk
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from Hoveton & Wroxham station
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 25 May 2013 - Sun 2 Jun 2013||Twiggle Turrets & Grubble Grottos|
|Sun 16 Jun 2013||BeWILDerDad's Day|
|Thu 25 Jul 2013 - Sun 1 Sep 2013||Crocklebog Capers Parade|
|Sat 26 Oct 2013 - Sun 3 Nov 2013||Snagglefang's Spooky Spectacular|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is grass
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Children's menu
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system