Group Visits at Dragon Hall
A magnificent medieval trading hall in the heart of Norwich telling the story of merchant and mayor Robert Toppes, and how his trading activities helped make Norwich one of the most successful cities in England. Let our expert volunteer guides take you on a tour of Dragon Hall or the historic King Street area. Talks may be tailored to your requirements.
OPENING TIMES: 3 April to 27 November. Monday to Friday, 1000-1600. Sunday 1200-1600. Group visits can be booked outside these times.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 1½ hours.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES:
Free preliminary visit for group organiser, coach parking nearby, coach drop off/pick up point, guided group tours, evening visits by arrangement, toilets, shop, picnic area, wheelchair access, corporate hospitality.
Adults £4.00, Concessions £4.00.
email a friend
115-123 King Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1QE
Map reference: TG 235081 Lat: 52.62537 Long: 1.30154
From the A47: Take exit for Norwich football ground. Turn right into Martineau Lane, left into Bracondale and right into King Street.
By Public Transport:
From Norwich station it is 5 minutes' walk to Dragon Hall.
Accessible by Public Transport : Norwich station
Disabled Access. Ramp access is available, lift to Great Hall, steps to cellars
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Wed 22 May 2013||Rag Rug Making Workshop|
|Thu 23 May 2013||Contemporary Knitting and Crochet Course: Beginner|
|Thu 6 Jun 2013||Contemporary Knitting and Crochet Course: Beginner|
|Thu 20 Jun 2013||Contemporary Knitting and Crochet Course: Beginner|
|Tue 25 Jun 2013||Rag Rug Making Workshop|
|Thu 27 Jun 2013||Crochet Workshop|
|Tue 2 Jul 2013||Weaving with a Difference Workshop|
|Tue 16 Jul 2013||Feltmaking Workshop|
|Tue 17 Sep 2013||Stumpwork Taster Day|
|Wed 18 Sep 2013||Rag Rug Making Workshop|
|Thu 19 Sep 2013||Feltmaking Workshop|
|Tue 8 Oct 2013||Stumpwork Course|
|Tue 15 Oct 2013||Stumpwork Course|
|Tue 22 Oct 2013||Stumpwork Course|
|Tue 29 Oct 2013||Stumpwork Course|
|Sat 7, Sun 8 Dec 2013||Dragon Hall's Medieval Christmas Market|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system