Small town, dating from Saxon times - its market granted in 1272. Later it became a staging post for coaches between Ipswich and Great Yarmouth. The 19th C. Market Hall displays the arms of the Longs family, who lived at nearby Hurts Hall (a neo-Elizabethan mansion). The Church of St. John the Baptist has a fine hammerbeam roof.
email a friend
Town Centre, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 1