Leys Farmhouse Annexe
- Short breaks: show availability and prices for visits of less than a week.
- Leys Farmhouse annexe is available at a 10% reduction on all weekly bookings ( excepting short breaks) for the month of June.
Search availability for Leys Farmhouse Annexe and book online
|Book through Visit East of England||JUN
(Bungalow sleeps up to 2+2)
Availability updated on 9 Jun 13 at 08:57
The accommodation comprises a double bedroom, shower room, a shower with a strong seat and handles, toilet and basin. The lounge /diner is large and well equipped. It has a double sofa bed, comfy chairs, a table with four chairs, a television with DVD player and a music centre. There is no smoking throughout the whole property.
The kitchen has all facilities - electric cooker, washing machine, fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, iron and ironing board. Heating is via electric storage radiators with a convector heater in the bedroom. Outside there is a summer house where bicycles can be stored, chairs, table and a barbecue. There is also access to your own part of the garden with a rotary clothes drier supplied. All linen is provided. There are plenty of parking spaces. The property is suitable for people of limited mobility, having ramps to doors.
There is a gastro pub in the village. We have an outdoor swimming pool, which guests can use in the summer months by arrangement and by signing a disclaimer.
Situated in the middle of the county, it is ideal for exploring Suffolk, including Lavenham, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich or further afield into Norfolk, including Norwich or Cambridge in Cambridgeshire.
Short breaks are a possibility.
Wildlife is abundant around here and the situation is quiet and peaceful with just the occasional tractor going past.
For further details see
Cycle storage available.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: TM 096610 Lat: 52.20811 Long: 1.06645
When travelling from the South or the West & North take the A14 as far as the junction with the A1120 near Stowmarket. Turn East and follow the A1120 and after approx 3 miles you will find Blacksmiths Lane on your left just after the Shepherd & Dog pub. Turn left into Blacksmiths Lane and Leys Farmhouse is 1 mile further on the left hand side after the water tower.
By Public Transport:
Stowmarket station is a short taxi ride of approx 10 mins from Leys Farmhouse. Fast and frequent intercity trains from London call at Stowmarket as do cross country trains from Harwich, Cambridge & Peterborough
- Building of historical interest
- Private parking
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Swimming pool - outdoor onsite
- Disabled facilities
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
Cycle storage available.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user
- Service dogs not accepted:
my husband is allergic to dogs.
The property is suitable for people with walking difficulties.
Leys Farmhouse Details
- Bungalow sleeps up to 2+2
- 1 bedroom with double bed. Double sofa bed in lounge / diner.
- Shower, Non-smoking unit, Ground floor bedroom, Elderly and less mobile
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)