Group Visits at East Anglian Railway Museum
A working museum dedicated to preserving the history of railways in the East Anglian region. Steam locomotives, diesel trains, passenger coaches from 1860 to 1960, wagons, period railway buildings combined with modern facilities.
OPENING TIMES: 363 days a year, 1000-1630.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 1½ to 3 hours.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES:
Free preliminary visit for group organiser, coach parking on site, coach drop off/pick up point, guided group tours, evening visits by arrangement, toilets, shop, picnic area, cafe/restaurant, wheelchair access.
Adults £3.75, Children £1.80, Concessions £3.40.
email a friend
VenueEast Anglian Railway Museum
Chappel Station, Wakes Colne, Essex, CO6 2DS
Map reference: TL 896287 Lat: 51.92451 Long: 0.75596
Near the impressive Chappel Viaduct. About 15 minutes from Colchester, Halstead and Sudbury, about 30 minutes from Chelmsford, about 40 minutes from Ipswich.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : Chappel station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility