Group Eating Out at Sandringham
Sandringham House, HM The Queen's country retreat, is perhaps the most famous historic house in Norfolk. The principal ground floor apartments, with collections of porcelain, jade, furniture and family portraits are open to the public. The house is set in 60 acres of stunning gardens and there is a fascinating museum of royal
vehicles and memorabilia. An absorbing day out with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES: Minimum group size - 20, coach parking on site (20 places), full catering facilities (150 covers), toilets, shop, picnic area, cafe/restaurant. Pre-booking advisable.
ACCESSIBILITY: Fully accessible but long distances to cover. Access guide on website.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 4 hours.
MEAL STOPS: Full, 150 covers.
2013 GROUP RATES:
Adults £10.50, seniors £8.50, children £5
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Visitor centre - open all year. House : Daily from 30 March to 26 July re-opening 3 August to 3 November. 7 days a week, 11am - 4.45pm (3.45pm in October)|
ContactPublic Enterprises Secretary
email a friend
King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE35 6EN
Map reference: TF 696283 Lat: 52.82553 Long: 0.51576
From the B1440: Follow brown signs from A148 or A149.
By Public Transport:
From King's Lynn station it is 8 miles to Sandringham. Bus no. 41 from King's Lynn or Hunstanton.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 8 miles (12.9 kms) from King's Lynn station
No photography in house. Plant Sales Plant Centre. Corporate Hospitality/Functions: Visitor Centre only. Suitablity for the Disabled: WCs. Refreshments/Cafe/Tearoom: Licensed. Restaurant: Licensed. Guided Tours: By arrangement. Private evening tours. Parking: Ample. Suitability for Dogs: Guide dogs only.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 5Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
Visitors should be aware there are long distances involved. Shuttle service available (FOC).