RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve
Get closer to nature at RSPB Minsmere. There are several miles of countryside walks through Suffolk's gorgeous coastal and wetland scenery, bringing you close to a wide variety of wildlife. Families and youth groups can explore the Wild Zone and Wild Wood Adventure, discovering more about how some of Minsmere's special wildlife lives whilst having fun.
Each season brings its own delights and sensory experiences. The woods and reedbeds resound with birdsong in spring. Still summer days see darting dragonflies and flitting butterflies take centre stage. Autumn brings a blaze of colour and prehistoric bellows of rutting red deer stags. Winter sees flocks of ducks at their glorious best set off by golden reedbeds and vast Suffolk skies.
Meet our volunteer guides who will help you to discover more, or simply stroll around the beautiful RSPB Countryside Walks. Join us for a guided walk, or our popular family activities, then relax with locally sourced, homemade hot and cold meals in the cafe and choose from a superb range in the RSPB Shop. Fully accessible toilets and car park.
Adult £7.50, Child (4-18) £3, Families (2 adults & up to 4 children) £15, Conc £5, RSPB members & RSPB Wildlife Explorers FREE
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Nature trails and hides open daily dawn-dusk.
Visitor Centre, Café & Shop open daily 9am-5pm (9am-4pm 1 Nov – 31 Jan).
Regular guided walks – see website for details. Closed 25 & 26 Dec.
email a friend
VenueRSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve
Westleton, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 3BY
Map reference: TM 463673 Lat: 52.24893 Long: 1.60722
Follow brown tourist signs from the A12 at Yoxford (from south) or Blythburgh (from north), via Westleton village. Visitor centre and car park are two miles from Westleton. Disabled parking available in main car park.
By Public Transport:
From Saxmundham station it is 6 miles to RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 6 miles (9.7 kms) from Darsham station
Groups by advance booking.
Full Disabled Access except no access along the beach to East Hide, and Bittern Hide and Canopy Hide are only accessible via steps.
Events at this venue
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system