Ashtree Farm is a charming, ancient farmhouse offering extensive grounds, oozing character, and is the perfect location for large groups wanting to enjoy both countryside and beach.
Ashtree Farm is a holiday cottage with a difference. When approaching the property along the private drive, guests are greeted by the 16th Century House, its beautiful original chimneys, leaded windows and thatched roof.
With extensive grounds and living areas, it’s the perfect place for large families and groups who can enjoy time together in a variety of spaces. The sizeable centre room has wooden walls, a tremendous fireplace, original floors and an eight-seater round dining table. The kitchen is well-appointed for self-catering, complete with a well suited Aga. The outside barn has been renovated into a games room where guests can enjoy a spot of table tennis and the gardens offer an abundance of space along with lawn tennis. Exposed timber beams run through the farmhouse which boasts four bathrooms, five bedrooms and cosy snug areas for when guests feel like having some time alone. Come rain or shine, Ashtree can cater for all needs. Guests can cosy by the fire, or enjoy an evening drink outside in the courtyard.
Ashtree is surrounded by the Suffolk countryside, where stunning views of rolling hills can be seen from every window. Situated in Wissett, Ashtree is just a mile from the town of Halesworth and a twenty-minute drive from historic coastal towns such as Southwold and Walberswick. Shop: 1-mile Pub: 4 miles.
Why We Love This Property: Ashtree does not only have everything one would need for a self-catering holiday and more, but its character is something to behold. We especially love the view of the house when entering the property from the private drive.
• Size: Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms
• Nearest beach: Less than 10 miles
• Nearest amenities: Less than 1 mile
• Pets: No pets allowed
• Short breaks: Available at this property
• Smoking: Not allowed at this property
• Rooms: 5 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms, dressing room, bathroom, open plan sitting/dining area, kitchen, small sitting room, utility room, hall, larder, study, snug room, back hall, great hall, cloakroom
• Beds: King size bed, queen-size four-poster bed, 2 double beds, 2 single beds
• Luxuries: TV, large TV, DVD, WiFi, barbeque
• General: Oil heating, wood burner
• Utilities: Aga, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, American style fridge freezer
• Standard: Kettle, toaster, iron
• Other: Bed linen, towels, travel cot and high chair provided. Please note there is no heating in the barn and there are low beams due to the age of the property.
• Outdoors: Extensive gardens, tennis lawn
• Parking: Ample private parking