Active Fakenham is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. It has no staff and is overseen by a Steering Committee of volunteers from clubs, business and other organisations.
Our goal is to promote health and wellbeing opportunities for locals and visitors. We became a non-for-profit limited company in 2017. We have a Steering Group, which meets monthly. We also have a constitution and produce (non-audited) accounts. Our group consists of a chairperson, secretary and treasurer. We are proud to be one of the only groups of our kind in the region.
We aim to promote the health and wellbeing opportunities for local people and visitors by:
• supporting the activities of local clubs and organisations
• co-ordinating and running various events including Easter Fundays, Criterium Racing, Easter Runs, and Active Fakenham Week in August
• running various training sessions for people from local organisations
• managing a steering group so that local representatives can discuss their ideas
• promoting activities on this website and through press and social media
• coordinating the Fakenham Info Hub.