The name of the town was first recorded as Begetuna in 1086. The meaning of the world comes from the Old English language meaning ‘farmstead of a woman called Beage or of a man called Baega.’
Beighton is a village and civil parish in the Broadland district of Norfolk, England, about two miles (3 km) South-West of Acle about 12.8 miles (20.6 km) to Norwich. It covers an area of 7.63 km2 (2.95 sq mil). Today, Beighton incorporates the old parish of Moulton St Mary, and both parishes are mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The All Saints church is situated within Beighton, along Church Hill.