The Red Hart Inn is a traditional 17th century building dating back to 1603 when it was a dwelling but 1607 it was purchased by a Richard Jervys who applied for a ale licence to allow the trade of sale in 1802 it was known as the Red Lion but by 1826 was showing on the map as the Hart.
From 1908-1981 the Red Hart was run by the Sayer family and you will more than likely find Derek, the grandson of Charles Henry Sayer, the original Sayer landlord of the Hart, in the bar late in the evenings,telling tales of his boyhood days in the pub and sipping on his rum & coke.
The restaurant and function room was originally a cow shed but converted into its current guise back in the 1980’sWe serve an excellent choice of homemade meals 7 days a week. children’s and vegetarian menu is available. Caravan Club CL site electric hook ups. With parking, a garden and serving traditional ales.
- On-Site Catering
- On-Site Light Refreshments