A Church with perfect proportions.
St George’s Church- Shimpling
Away from the village, down a track through fields, St George’s has a lovely view towards a nearby wood.
With its Norman round tower, octagonal upper stage and a little spire added in 1863, Shimpling is essentially a beautifully proportioned building, sympathetically restored by E C Lee between 1867-1874.
Items of note include an octagonal 15th-century font and some pieces of Medieval stained glass.