A parish church with some work from the 14th and 15th centuries, including the tower, but largely rebuilt in the early 19th century. The church has a 15th century font with carved figures of angels and the evangelists.
On a site occupied by a church since pre-Domesday, this is a very fine example of thoughtful late Georgian/early Victorian changes to a medieval building whose early font is a particularly fine example of the stonemason’s craft. Buried in this quiet country churchyard, together with his wife Henriette, is John Thomas Pelham (1811-1894), the much-loved 64th Bishop of Norwich, for 15 years 1837 to 1852, Rector of Bergh Apton. Lots of illustrated panels at the rear of the church of the village and its people. Also lots of parking in the Church Field immediately to the east of the churchyard, with direct access from there.