Magnificent Norman church, built 1107, with ruins of former Benedictine abbey. Splendid interior with angel roofs, 2 18thC organs and gold-faced reredos. Shop on site.
The magnificent nave, built of honey coloured caen stone, and wide 15thC lady chapel both have richly carved angel roofs. The church has many high quality fittings, including 2 18thC organs and a gold-faced reredos and rood figures, the work of Sir Ninian Compeer. The abbey is located between the open countryside of the Tiffey Valley, with well-signed walks, and the many old buildings of this historic Norfolk market town. Shop on site.
- Wheelchairs available