Mundford is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk.
It is situated at the intersection of two major routes, the A134 Colchester to King’s Lynn road and the A1065 Mildenhall to Fakenham road, about 8 miles north west of Thetford. The village is 35 miles from the city of Norwich and 88 miles from London.
The villages name means ‘Munda’s ford’.
The civil parish, in 1845, had 437 inhabitants, and 1609 acres of land, exclusive of a common of 190 acres, and also 90 acres of heath, where the parishioners had the right of fuel and rabbits, but no pasturage. Today it has an area of 2,060 acres (830 ha). The parish shares boundaries with the adjacent parishes of Didlington, Cranwich, Weeting-with-Broomhill, Lynford and Ickburgh. The parish falls within the district of Breckland.
Lynford Quarry in Mundford is a well-preserved in-situ Middle Palaeolithic open-air site dating to 60,000 years ago that is believed to show evidence of Neanderthal activity.