The Anglo-Saxon origins of The Lord of the Rings story are explored in this guided tour.
Please note: when you click "Book", you will be taken to the venue’s booking system to complete your purchase.
The Anglo-Saxon origins of The Lord of the Rings story are explored in this guided tour.Find out about the links between Tolkien and the Anglo-Saxon world on a guided tour from a member of the Tolkien Society and a Middle-earth enthusiast.
The Anglo-Saxon Village was also a set used in ‘Born of Hope’ a fan film which prequels The Lord of the Rings. The tour, which lasts a little over an hour, concludes with a ‘riddle battle’ like that in The Hobbit.
* This is partly an outdoor event so please wear sensible clothing.
* The event is suitable for adults and/or accompanied young people 10 years and over; all must be paying participants.
* Please meet at the West Stow Visitor Centre 10 minutes before session start time.
* This event will go ahead in most weather conditions apart from extreme wind and/or rain (introduction inside).
* Parking: Normal parking fees apply
* Please bring a face covering to wear whilst indoors.
* All social distancing guidelines at the time the event takes place will be adhered to.
Tickets: Adult £20, Child £10
Booking: Essential – use the ‘Book now’ buttons or call 01284 758000
Venue: West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village
This event is promoted by Arnor Heritage Projects.