Looking for laughter, entertainment, drama and performance? New programmes are being added regularly to venues across Norfolk and Suffolk as we write this. Check our latest listings for updates. With Covid-19 safe guidelines in place, you can enjoy a worry-free day or night out and applaud together, in real life. Here’s a selection of this summer’s special events…
Image credit: Circus Cabaret Lates at INTERLUDE © Norwich Theatre
- INTERLUDE in the CLOSE brought to you by Norwich Theatre is hosting an array of shows and events in their outdoor marquee, pitched in the beautiful Cathedral Close (Norwich Cathedral. July 14 – August 30).
Image credit: INTERLUDE Tent © Norwich Theatre
- Les Spaine – Godfather of UK Funk plays a rare DJ set at Ipswich Arts Centre as part of Woodbridge Festival of Art and Music. (Ipswich Arts Centre. June 28).
- Disco Tea Party, is the interactive game show that’s sweeping the nation. Featuring performances from some of the UK’s leading drag & cabaret artists, with an all-disco soundtrack – this is an interactive boogie wonderland for all the family. (New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich. July 18).
- Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds is showing a blend of online screenings and live theatre performances are being added all the time. (Bury St Edmunds).
- Stand Up under the stars sees Nish Kumar, Sara Pascoe, Simon Amstell and Milton Jones appearing at Suffolk’s brand new outdoor performance space, Thorington Theatre. Expect magical shows in a natural setting. (Thorington, Southwold. July 15 – 18).
- Opera in the park Back by popular demand, Summer at Wherstead Park returns with a new and improved terrace area as a backdrop to enjoy your picnic and glass of fizz whilst listening to acclaimed coloratura soprano, Christina Johnston. (Wherstead Park, Ipswich. August 7).
Image credit: Head Out Not Home, July 2019 © Norwich BID
- Norwich BIDs Head Out Not Home summer series of free live street entertainment is moving from its traditional Thursday night slot to Sunday afternoons. Music this year includes West African Jazz, Gothic Folk, Brass Band funk plus a comedy theatre rendition of Ulysses return trip from Troy, all appearing on stages across the city. (Norwich. July 11 – September 5)
- Plantation Garden, Norwich’s secret Grade II English Heritage registered garden is playing host to a number of evening plays and events including The Scarlet Pimpernel, Treasure Island and Secret Garden outdoor cinema nights.
As news about Covid-19 restrictions evolve, we’ll keep you updated via our Know Before You Go page.